Thursday 25 September 2014

Another experiment with transferring

I was thrilled when my long awaited transfer film arrived by courier and I quickly wanted to try it out. I will make this brief and pictorial.
The sheets came with no carrier backing so I needed to fix on a backing prior to printing so as to not stuff up my photo printer.



I used small pictures to try out first.



After sponge brushing on the solution to the back of the picture I lightly rolled
over the transfer. I left it for three minuets.



Carefully peeling back the transfer. This time it came off easily leaving very few imperfections which I actually wanted to create ! It came away easily instead of pulling the print away from the transfer sheet plus no air bubbles.

 
I did the same with this one. The solution worked very well but needed to
rough up the edges of the picture first by playing around with the edge
with a brush and water before placing the transfer onto the paper to get a deckle edge effect.
 
 
Overall I am pleased how they are transferring I will continue to play !
I may get brave enough to try out something larger.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment