Saturday 13 September 2014

Tissue & Wax

I have been searching for a way to mould
my pictures into the paper so they don't appear to be stuck on. Then give it a thin coat of wax to blend it together.
I decided to try and print onto tissue paper.
As I didn't want to ruin my printer I needed to stick the tissue paper onto a backing sheet. I  used some restickable glue 
which didn't tear the delicate tissue when I pulled it off . Even this glue had too much stick so I  lightly placed it over the carpet to pick up a few hairs to prevent it sticking
too much.

                
 

My tissue paper was rather crumpled so I ironed it then cut it to size.

                     


I carefully placed the A4 sheet of tissue paper onto my slightly fluffy sticky piece of
backing paper pressing it down lightly.
It was now ready to pass through the printer. Remembering to reverse the picture before printing. 

                

The picture was now ready to be pulled from backing sheet. Don't worry about some crinkles they will come out when the tissue paper is off the sheet.

                





 Peel off gently then place it onto your paper of choice. Here I have chosen a thick piece of hand made paper with a fair bit of texture.

            
             
          
 
 

I then coated the picture with wax.
 
 
 

Lastly I added a little more texture with string, fixing it on with small stitching to hold it down.


                  
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment